Lets start by defining the expectation of a content editor. For Tesames and its partner sites you will be in charge of the content that is submitted by our employees and contractor. This include but is not limited too wiki/article, blog/post, forum/post, and public facing html pages like this one. Most of your time will be on this page /contributor/evaluation which will has been design to give you full range of all standard content items. The flow of the content contributor can be found here /policy/tutorial-adding-an-article-to-the-cms so you can review it as you will be responsible in guiding them to putting in good quality content. You can referrer to the /policy/content-checklist for what each article should intel.
With this let talk about tools to help you on your way. First we have our build in tool set to do a first glance at the content to make sure it fits in our guidelines using automation where we can. Below you will find our tool on the /contributor/evaluation page under content. By selecting any content listed on that page for review you will get the following modal. Click the "Property" button to show the screen below.
This page will give you a brief overview and let know how much to approve the content for. If you follow the /policy/content-checklist you use the word count, images, & video to produce a payment for the writer from this page only. Don't use word or any other tools to figure out word count etc.
The next tool that we use a lot of is the "PDF" button at the bottom of this screen. This button will export this doc as a PDF for you to download. The reason for this is to make any voice over application able to read it and not have a lot of other junk. Google chromo and Google Play have an application called @Voice which will read PDF. You will have to play with this application to understand it and how to navigate too the PDF to read it.
Our standard operating procedure is detailed below of your daily routine:
- Content Contributor Login and Request work from this page /account/console.
- This trigger an email to you. Once you get the email click the link inside of it to be taken too that content piece.
- When you get this email the link will take you to the /contributor/evaluation page to review and approve this task.
- You will then click the edit button on the modal that pops up.
- It will bring up the screen to edit the objective. Before saving change the member to the person that requested it, check the context to make sure their is an objective to fullfill, check the role to say writer, agenda to say "Content Writer", than change the status to "InProgress", and check the "Send Email" checkbox. Than press save. This will set the objective as their task and will show up on there /account/console screen as an objective for them to complete.
- After they have completed the work and are ready to submit it for evaluation they will go too the /account/console and click the "Request Review" button & my let you know in the Facebook group chat.
- Once they do that it will send another email too you. The first link is the agenda/objective that you assigned them and the second link is the content they linked too this objective which could be a wiki/article or blog/post etc.
- You want to select the wiki article first and review the "Property" tab for the grade. If you see anything that is false or Media Ratio below 100% you will need to click the "Item" button and review the document manually. After you have figured out why its not passing you can then report back to them in the Facebook group chat of any issue.
- Once you have reviewed it you will need to set the agenda as either paid or set it as inprogress again.
- On this screen you will want to either set the status to InProgress or Completed based on your review and Facebook conversation. This my cycle this process a few times to get it corrected with new contributors. When you review the /policy/content-checklist you will see a penalty matrix for contributor after they have done 3 or more content pieces.
- If everything check out and its ready to pass you want to calculate the payment for us. You can use the formula from the /policy/content-checklist to figure it out. Once you do insert it into the "Context" area seen above labeling each item of what is being paid for e.g.(word count 0.03 + image count 0.50 * 6 = x)
- Then make sure you set the status to completed (if you don't it will not generate an invoice)
- Now check the box send email to notified the contribute its been approved
- whatever the calculation formula came up with goes in the "Budget" field for payment and then select the next payday available. (Don't back date the payday)
- Then click "Save"
Don't spend a lot of time reviewing the doc after you produce a PDF and listen too it by spot checking make sure it sounds right that the English used sound right when it is read too you.